Cuthbert's & Celebrations

15:49



It was a week before Christmas and all through the town, were mad shoppers and students having breakdowns.  Well not to worry, I've found a safe haven,  away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre and a stones throw away from  the universities and libraries.  It's the perfect place to pop in from  blusterous winds and a sweet haven in the summer time, Cuthbert's Bakehouse on Mount Pleasant.





You wouldn't even realise it was there, blacked out boards (apparently it's due to a rebrand - watch this space) and steamed up windows, you'd walk past it without a thought. But once inside, it's a little gem,   taking you right back to a quaint Victorian era, with a healthy selection of Ice creams, sandwiches, teas and cakes to chose from.



 We came here for my Nan's birthday (she was the big 9-0 but don't tell her I said that, she's 23 all over again.) With a love of China cups and tea service the Afternoon tea was the perfect solution for a day out and birthday celebrations.



See what I mean about the china cups? Where else in Liverpool would you get these? Where?!


Now if you come here for a bite to eat, as scrummy as everything is, you REALLY need to go for the Afternoon tea. At £15 per person, or £18 for a glass of Prossecco,(beautiful and peachy) as well as being catered to your liking, it is well worth it and one of the cheapest if not nicest Teas in town. As  my nan is quite a plain and careful eater they were happy to make up an array of sandwiches that would do her well, such as egg, chicken, ham and cheese.

Seriously how cute is that? She got her very own tea stand . Queenie.

For those with a more adventurous palette or should I say, the normal menu,  the sandwiches consisted of  Coronation Chicken, Salmon & Cream Cheese, Brie and Cranberry and Beef with horseradish. That was only to start. 

It looked so pretty I didn't want to touch it. Much to the annoyance of my hungry family I papped away before they got a chance to dig in. 



The goats cheese sandwich was the loveliest I've ever eaten and shall ever eat again.  Seriously I want them  plates.



That orange teapot there. I need one.  It has it's own built in strainer, every tea lovers dream.

Here's a snap of the Birthday girl, who let me tell you is No.1 at taking photos, literally a split second before she was fixing her hair and BOOM, smile and pose.


 Here's the Birthday girl and her niece.



Moving onto the desserts we were given a selection of macaroons, chocolate cake, custard tarts and slices and to finish it off, fruit scones with jam and  real clotted cream. All served with an unlimited supply of tea. My nan and I were in our element.






This was my matilda moment… Ta Da!!



Look at the clotted creamy goodness of the scones. 



Seriously….



Oooo that gooey jam, go on you know you want one…





From the decor down to the finishing gleam of that chocolate cake, everything was beautiful and well cared for. The waitresses were the cherry on top, absolutely lovely and thoughtful, they made the plea come to life.  I got severely snap happy, how could you not in a place like this?!

I'll let the rest of the photos do the talking, after this you'll definitely be making a visit.












Seriously someone get me a tea set like this.






Macaroons rivalled Laudree of Paris, and far cheaper too. Winner. X





You Might Also Like

0 comments